With so many time and attendance systems on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is right for your business. When you’re shopping for a system, our experts highlighted several things you should look for:
- Time and attendance systems allow employees to clock in and out electronically via time clocks, internet-connected computers, mobile devices and telephones.
- That data then instantly transfers into software that can seamlessly import it into your payroll solution.
- These systems do much more than just track when employees come and go, though. They also do the following:
- Give real-time data on who is working, who is not, who showed up late and who is nearing overtime
- Manage paid time off (PTO)
- Create employee schedules
- Provide managers and business owners with detailed labor data
- Time and attendance systems feature a self-service function that allows employees to handle many time-tracking tasks on their own, including reviewing the hours they’ve worked, their current and future schedules, and PTO details.
- Time and attendance systems are offered as cloud-based or on-premises solutions. The on-premises systems are stored on servers within your business, while the cloud-based systems are housed by your time and attendance system provider and accessed online.